Thursday, January 3, 2013

I FOUND ROBOTS!

I lost my son's favorite movie. The movie he cries for in the middle of the night and cannot sleep without. Yes, I lost it. 

Not only that, but Kaleb had torn up the original case and Robots was now sitting in the case for Neverending Story I & II. 

Have you ever tried looking for something that is in a different case? It's nearly impossible to trick your brain into finding Neverending Story instead of Robots.

I searched and searched. I had my mom thinking she had done something with it in her sleep. Almost a week passed by. I checked the Christmas decorations, under dirty clothes... I found a missing binky in the stroller. But no Robots.

Finally, it was the night before I had to return to work. I knew I couldn't give up until I found Robots, or Kaleb would be keeping me up all night. It took about 20 minutes. I found an open box of lighters jammed between the wall and my dresser. I found several OTHER missing DVD cases, including the damaged one FOR Robots (which doesn't help when your toddler sees it). I found a sippy cup.

Almost about to give up, I reached under the bed... Yes, that's hard, rectangular plastic... definitely a DVD. I closed my eyes as I pulled it out... Just a peek. YES! I literally yelled and threw my hands up in the air in a victory yelp! 
"I FOUND ROBOTS!"

And this happy song and dance ensued....


 

And yet, Kaleb STILL managed to keep me up until almost midnight. Then I woke up at 2:30 am. Needless to say it is past my bedtime tonight. 

I hope you enjoyed my mom victory moment- and I would LOVE to hear yours. Leave me a comment and/or a link to your blog and I will most definitely stop by.

-BKay

________________________________________________________________

Visit my Youtube page for personal and informative videos.

Want to make money by writing articles about the things you love? Sign up here and become a published writer on HubPages.


No comments:

Post a Comment