Thursday, May 24, 2007

"It All Fades" & "Headlights"

May 24th, 2007.

 

Headlights

And it's nights like these
After I can't cry anymore
I wish I was stupid
So I couldn't possibly know
And we're driving to your house
The silence pushing the knife closer
Your touch gives mixed reactions
The headlights of the semis are so inviting
And I wonder if you'd love me if you actually killed me
I almost welcome it, death
I thought about all this so long ago
Just never had the courage to write it down
Don't wanna let you down
To think I'm so depressed
Cause then I wish we'd die together
And everyone would think what a tragedy it was
That two lovers died together
And they'll forever think you loved only me
And I loved only you

It All Fades [as written, all lower case typos are on purpose]

A dream of comfort becomes a nightmare of reality. As the sedation and the intoxication of love sinks away. And I remember all the lies we told. And the truths behind them all. And how we never really believed it was true. It's all the same. The truth. the lies. the pain. the smiles. all the same in the end. It all becomes memory anyway. And it all fades. It all fades. Enjoy the infatuation. as it turns old. And you can no longer see the light where you once thought you had it. It's too hard to replace the laughter. And the secrets you withheld from me. And how you never really hid them that well in the first place. It's all the same. The truth. the lies. the pain. the smiles. all the same in the end. It all becomes memory anyway. And it all fades. It all fades.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Youtube page for personal and informative videos.

Want to make money by writing articles about the things you love? Sign up here and become a published writer on HubPages.

No comments:

Post a Comment